Heads up for used 530W units for sale

Was checking out my local avionics shop's page this afternoon and stumbled across this:

Have you been looking for a Garmin GNS 530W?  We have them!! All are WAAS and all are tagged! Purchase one for $9000. Add an antenna for $250! Call Mike today at 316.946.4870. Guaranteed same day shipping before 3:30pm CST.

http://www.bevanrabell.com/gns-530w/

No affiliation with them other than as a satisfied customer!  That is a good price IMO for an inspected/tagged unit.

• Like 1

Several for sale on e-bay.

Not sure if or for how long Garmin will provide support for 430 and 530.

Presently, they are moving on and playing in a more lucrative sandbox. ie. 750, 650.

Expect prices for the older units to continue the decline.

I think Garmin will support the 430 and 530 for a long time.  If they don't they will be giving a lot of business to Avidyne for their drop in replacements.   

• Like 1

i agree...the confusion re support for these Garmins is the original 430/530 pre waas units...the 430/530W units use a newer motherboard and with the 5.10 software updates are stc ed (garmin ads b +) as position sources for garmin/trig/bendix king transponders.I have heard 50000 430 530 s were sold with probably half converted or sold new as waas models.They are no going away anytime within the next two decades in my opinion.k