68C Panel CAD Drawing

isaacpr7

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a CNC router with my son this Christmass when he comes home on break. As a first project cut I woul like to fabricate the left instrument panel on my 68C. Does anyone have any CAD drawings in any format that I could use as a baseline? The panel on my steed is the shorter version but if someone has the taller version I can modify the drawing and shorten the bottom side. I would like to change my DG to fit the square HSI cutout of an NSD-360A. I would also have to push the instruments on the left and right away because the NSD is wider than I would be able to fit between instruments.

post-11848-0-50736000-1413146983_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

Thank you for your post to this thread but I was given the file by a fellow mooniac recently. All I have to do is modify the layout slightly before cutting it. The best part about being a Mooney owner is that your fellow mooniacs are always there when you need their support ;)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

OK...so what are you trying to do?....E model...C....?

Don't mind helping but, the C and E are different animals a lll together...panel wise.... Do you want to stay "classic" or design your own "hybrid"?

I'm just trying to keep my existing layout on the left panel but modifying the round hole on the DC into a 3 ATI for an HSI. I also want to add a smaller hole for an engine monitor below the ignition key. With the CAD drawings I was given, all I have to do is replace the round hole for the square one used by the HSI. A local shop quoted me 45 dollars to cut it.

PS: Does anyone have a CAD file for the NSD-360A HSI that I can use to replace the round hole on the CAD that I already have? I'm sure I can figure how to make it myself but I want to make sure that it is done right the first time before I have the CAD cut by the machine shop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a CNC router with my son this Christmass when he comes home on break. As a first project cut I woul like to fabricate the left instrument panel on my 68C. Does anyone have any CAD drawings in any format that I could use as a baseline? The panel on my steed is the shorter version but if someone has the taller version I can modify the drawing and shorten the bottom side. I would like to change my DG to fit the square HSI cutout of an NSD-360A. I would also have to push the instruments on the left and right away because the NSD is wider than I would be able to fit between instruments.

attachicon.gifMooney8.jpg

LASAR has a "layout kit" that they send out so that guys who buy a custom panel from them can do the layout. That may be helpful for you. I doubt they would mind helping out.

• Like 1