Anyone looked at this '81 J (N1072Z)?

gamefreak32

Tail number is N1072Z.

It has been on the market for quite a while, which usually means there is something wrong with it.

I can't find any damage history or major repairs in a history search.

Definitely needs a new paint job, but other than that it appears there is nothing mechanically wrong.

Avionics and interior look decent for an '81 model, but nothing special.

I figured I would post here to see if anyone has checked it out and uncovered anything.

I don't really want to waste the time to call the seller and figure out it hasn't flown in 5 years.

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/aircraft/Single+Engine+Piston/1981/Mooney/M20J+201/1589603.html

• Like 1

I'm wondering how bad the corrosion is, the plane may only be good for scrap. hopefully the spot alan took a picture of is limited to that area and isn't beyond repairing. hate to say it but with what I see from the pics he may have trouble getting 25K for it.

Brian

• 1 month later...

@ KDKX there is an E model that's been on tie down for a good 25yrs very sad to watch. Back around 2008 I was getting instruction from a fellow who flew a 231 for a lawyer, it was a decent bird, it has the original king stack and GB engine but has a low time engine not a bad machine. The owner ended up dying with cancer a few years ago and the plane has been on tie down aleast 3 years. I'm sure the heirs think it's worth a war pension, and I'm also sure they'll hold it looking for that pension and it will end up dying a long agonizing death baking in the summer sun and freezing and thawing cycles in the winter.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...