Voiceflight reviews?

Has anyone installed or know someone who's installed the Voiceflight system on their plane? I saw it at AOPA in 2012 and was always intrigued. I think it's a great product for IFR flying and can save a lot of time in programming the Garmin. I recently got a quote for $2900 installed, for the unit. However, I have looked for reviews online but can't seem to find anyone who says they've installed it. Before spending that kind of money I'd like to hear from people who have fielded the product. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Check www.voiceflight.com They just announced today sales suspension of their VFS101. I never had any issues programming flight plans on the G530 using the knobs and push buttons, besides I am not a fast talker like an auctioneer.

I think sometimes technology goes too far for the simple things in life like these:

www.bidetking.com/brondell-swash-1000-advanced-bidet-seat-w-remote.html

Electronic toilets with remote control. I just can't imagine its purpose except to scare my wife when sitting on it. :D

José 

Thanks for the reply Jose. This is the first time I'm hearing about the Flight Stream 210 system. I'm really surprised Garmin developed this product to be compatible with the GNS series as I thought they might choose to abandon the GNS units in favor of promoting the GTN series.

Being able to connect wirelessly from your iPad to your onboard avionics is a real game changer in my opinion. I love the idea of transferring your flight plan without the need to twist endless knobs to enter a flight plan. Only downside is they will likely make it compatible only with Garmin Pilot and I'm a Wing X Pro guy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/garmin-enhances-connext-with-wireless-cockpit-connectivity-to-mobile-devices-2014-07-22

• Like 3

NotarPilot, Thanks for the tip about the new Garmin product, it is quite amazing on what it can do. But for my kind of flying I don't think the VoiceFlight or the Connext is going to make any difference. Even on my non stop 1000nm trips the most I have is five waypoints and they rarely change. Changes on the route are mostly due to temporary deviation around weather to later reestablish on the original routing. Because these GPS navigators retain in memory several flight plans there is no need for programming them on your departure day. For a new trip flight plan I just come the day before and program it.   

Unlike the old days were you flew from-to VOR/NDBs and had bunch of waypoints on your route, GPS navigation allows you a more direct routing. After all that is one of the objectives of the NextGen concept.

José 

Thanks for the reply Jose. This is the first time I'm hearing about the Flight Stream 210 system. I'm really surprised Garmin developed this product to be compatible with the GNS series as I thought they might choose to abandon the GNS units in favor of promoting the GTN series.

Being able to connect wirelessly from your iPad to your onboard avionics is a real game changer in my opinion. I love the idea of transferring your flight plan without the need to twist endless knobs to enter a flight plan. Only downside is they will likely make it compatible only with Garmin Pilot and I'm a Wing X Pro guy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/garmin-enhances-connext-with-wireless-cockpit-connectivity-to-mobile-devices-2014-07-22

Where is Peter Garmin when you need him? The product Garmin is releasing looks a lot like Aspen's Connected Pilot, doesn't it?

http://www.connectedpanel.com

The Connected Pilot product worked with the GNS series until Garmin changed the code through a firmware release. And now how convenient their product works...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

NotarPilot, Thanks for the tip about the new Garmin product, it is quite amazing on what it can do. But for my kind of flying I don't think the VoiceFlight or the Connext is going to make any difference. Even on my non stop 1000nm trips the most I have is five waypoints and they rarely change. Changes on the route are mostly due to temporary deviation around weather to later reestablish on the original routing. Because these GPS navigators retain in memory several flight plans there is no need for programming them on your departure day. For a new trip flight plan I just come the day before and program it.   

For me the big plus would be getting the GDL-88 traffic and weather on my ipad in addition to the 650. For those with 430/530s, which don't have airway support, you could have to put in 15-20 waypts for a 1000nm trip, so for them it's also a plus.

• Like 1

Where is Peter Garmin when you need him? The product Garmin is releasing looks a lot like Aspen's Connected Pilot, doesn't it?

http://www.connectedpanel.com

The Connected Pilot product worked with the GNS series until Garmin changed the code through a firmware release. And now how convenient their product works...

Chris, the Garmin Connext is light years ahead of the Aspen connected panel. Read about it!

As I've said before what Aspen needs to do is build a "sandbox" of their own!

What's stopping them? Cojones deficiency?

I'm really surprised Garmin developed this product to be compatible with the GNS series as I thought they might choose to abandon the GNS units in favor of promoting the GTN series.

So were we ... :blink:

Lots of reviews (all positive) on www.beechtalk.com where we concentrated most of our advertising.  Apparently, the new Garmin unit is not approved for aircraft over 6,000 lbs.  We've turned away 3 Pilatus orders since Tuesday, and they weren't too happy ...

Sorry, not familiar with proper etiquette on this forum.

Just stopped by for a quick visit, ... not planning a continued presence.

With future sales suspended, we will be concentrating our efforts on supporting the existing VFS101 customers.

Brief Intro available at http://www.voiceflight.com/content/company if you insist.

Apologies for any etiquette transgressions.

Best regards, Scott.

Good luck Scott with your impending challenge...

The introduction deters people from taking on an improper persona.

One of our favorite vendors has been supporting old style auto pilots. They haven't built any new ones in decades...

The Mooney world is small enough to be personal... It puts the personal in personal aviation!

Best regards,

-a-

Looking at Garmin web site, it doesn't really have a lot of detail, like what is the difference between FS 110 & 210 models?

The 210 enables bluetooth connectivity to the GTN and GNS.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod153681.html

Light years ahead of Aspen and only $999! Aspen wants $2500 for what?!

The 210 enables bluetooth connectivity to the GTN and GNS.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod153681.html

Light years ahead of Aspen and only $999! Aspen wants $2500 for what?!

There was Netscape before IE, MySpace before Facebook,  Yahoo before Google, etc, etc, etc. True innovators almost never understand the concept of execution. Garmin rocks in that area.

Looking at Garmin web site, it doesn't really have a lot of detail, like what is the difference between FS 110 & 210 models?

According to Garmin, the 210 provides AHRS info to Garmin Pilot and compatibility to the GTN series/GNS-430/530. It seems if one has the GDL-88, then the GDL-39 is no longer needed since Flightstream will do everything that the GDL-39 does and more.

According to Garmin, the 210 provides AHRS info to Garmin Pilot and compatibility to the GTN series/GNS-430/530. It seems if one has the GDL-88, then the GDL-39 is no longer needed since Flightstream will do everything that the GDL-39 does and more.

I see that now, before they didn't have that info with the product description. But it's still a little confusing, they list flight plan transfer capability for either, but GTN compatible for only the 210. So what exactly does 210 give you when you have a GTN that the 110 doesn't?

I see that now, before they didn't have that info with the product description. But it's still a little confusing, they list flight plan transfer capability for either, but GTN compatible for only the 210. So what exactly does 210 give you when you have a GTN that the 110 doesn't?

Read this elsewhere ...

http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2014/07/garmin-enhances-connext-with-wireless-cockpit-connectivity-to-mobile-devices.html#.U9lbEvldXh4

Flight Stream 210 is compatible with the GDL 88, GDL 69/69A and GTN 750/650 and is expected to be available in August for a list price of $999. Compatibility with the GNS 430W/530W is expected to be available in September. Flight Stream 110 compatibility with the GDL 88 and GDL 69/69A is expected to be available in August for a list price of $549. 

So it seems the 110 will not talk to the GTN/GNS series. The AHRS is another thing the 210 has which the 110 doesn't.

>But they also say the 110 supports flightplan transfer, how do they do that without talking to the GTN/GNS?

Answering my own ?, from Garmin site:

When pairing a GNS 430W/530W series naviagator and either a GDL 88 ADS-B datalink or GDL 69 SiriusXM datalink...

So it looks like in order to see the weather on your ipad, you need the GNS/GTN and a 88/69, don't understand why the flight stream needs the GNS/GTN in the loop, would have thought it could get it directly.

The spelling error is Garmin's, which tells me they rush to put this on their web site, and hence the details may not be exactly correct.