New Mooniac

cleatus99

It's always interesting to me to look at all these new fancy glass panels with the latest in avionics and almost always you'll see a trusty Bendix King Navcom in the stack. Quite the testimony I'd say.

Gary, when I did a pretty comprehensive upgrade of my panel the avionics shop,who had no hesitancy spending my money, recommended we keep the KX155 as #2 NavComm. I only use it for ATIS/AWOS/ASOS but it's there as backup including a glideslope receiver. (BTW, The KX155 is still in production! A new one costs ~$4500.)

It's always interesting to me to look at all these new fancy glass panels with the latest in avionics and almost always you'll see a trusty Bendix King Navcom in the stack. Quite the testimony I'd say.

I've thought the same thing. I've lost count how many times I've seen new panels with decades old kx155s in the stack.

The KX 155 has been around since the mid 1980s (U.S. Version).

Now that's staying power. It's got to be one of the best all time best Navcom's ever built. I have one in my plane and use it pretty much as Bob does. ASOS/ground/on guard and a backup Navcom.

The KX155 wo/GS, but can't beat the price.... I guess someday if it dies or I want a backup GS I might go with a Garmin GNC 255 and new indicator with GS... Just so it will be all Garmin.

I use the 796 in my Gyroplane it is nice to just touch the screen and load the frequency to STBY.