Wing walk flex

A minor bit of flex is normal depending on your weight, but if you noticed it I would look in the wheel well area at the supporting structure to ensure there is no damage. the area under the wheel well has some added structure to handle walking in that area, you can compare the 2 sides to see what i mean. while you are looking in the wheel well you might even want to have some one walk on the wing walk if you can't identify anything obvious, the weight may show you cracking or flexing that could otherwise be hard to see. also while you are there look for corrosion and missing or loose rivets.

Brian

A knowledgable owner recognizes where the supports are and tries to stay on them to minimize the flex.

The sheet thickness has a doubler in that area to increase it's rigidity as well.

So... Yes it's normal.

You should avoid wearing high heels while wing walking anyway...

Typical challenges for all low-wing planes...

Best regards,

-a-

Mine had quite a bit of flex and last year, when we did the fuel tank, the sheet metal guy reinforced it on the inside. Now, it is like I think it should actually be. Nice and firm and almost no flex under my 230lbs.

A knowledgable owner recognizes where the supports are and tries to stay on them to minimize the flex.

The sheet thickness has a doubler in that area to increase it's rigidity as well.

So... Yes it's normal.

You should avoid wearing high heels while wing walking anyway...

Typical challenges for all low-wing planes...

Best regards,

-a-

High wings are easier to get in and out of and offer great visibility. Low wings are much better looking and sexier than high wings. Add on a three blade prop to a Mooney, now that's one sweet looking ride. :D Life is too short to fly ugly planes.

High wings are easier to get in and out of and offer great visibility. Low wings are much better looking and sexier than high wings. Add on a three blade prop to a Mooney, now that's one sweet looking ride. :D Life is too short to fly ugly planes.

Wow for a second there I thought we had a turncoat on board....... The only ugly on my plane is the paint job....and I'm working on that, high wings are another story.  :)