New software for JPI 730/830

I just learned that JPI is offering again its software upgrade  for their JPIs 730 and 830 for free through their www side.  I believe for a while they charged for these upgrades about US$ 130 and you had to send your unit in. 

From our beach friends I learned that the upgrade changes among others how some of the bars in the unit are displayed. 

I have not upgraded...after my GTN experience I am sort of scared about upgrades. 

Here is the link.

http://www.jpinstruments.com/technical-support/software-downloads/

Oscar

• Like 1

The real question is why's he running at 13.0 GPH!

This is Maurader's JPI. his picture was taken while he was flying and consuming 13.0 GPH... ask him...

Hey Oscar! I just noticed something. Your MP is at 25.6". Why is it so low?

My field elevation is 5000 feet and temperature was in the high 90, density altitude was about 8000 feet.

• Like 1

Folks,  Very interested in this upgrade as well.  My 830 is in portrait mode and I'd like to have more parameters visible.  Does this update allow that?

I've downloaded the update from JPI and spoke with them today, but they indicate this is a minor update and will have it run more efficiently ... no mention of display change.

JP 

Emailed JPI today. I have not tried their suggested solution (I am going to ask my avionics guy to do it). But here is the response:

Hi Oscar,

Please try a Factory Reset. You can accomplish this by powering up the EDM and tapping the step button a few times to get it to cycle through the pages. HOLD both buttons at the same time until you see “PROGRAM”. You are now in the program menu. Tap the STEP button until you see “END ? Y”. HOLD both buttons again and you will now see “FAC LIM”. And a prompt that says “FAC ? N”. This is the Factory Reset question. Save your k-factor for the fuel flow transducer and any other programmable parameters by following the attached document procedure before doing the reset.

If this does not fix your problem you will have to send the unit in for evaluation. Before sending the unit in you will need to:

Please contact Julie@jpinstruments.com or call (800) 345-4574 for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. This number must be written on the outside of the box. Please have the following information ready before calling/emailing for an RMA number:

1. EDM type-i.e. EDM-700, 800, 930 etc.
  2. EDM Serial Number.
  3. Aircraft Registration or N-number.
  4. Your full contact/shipping information.
  5. Reason for the return and person in technical support you contacted for basic troubleshooting.

Typical turn around times are 5-7 business days. Loaners, if available require a credit card charge of $500 refundable when you return the unit.

Sincerely,

Paul Stanczyk

JPInstruments Support

3185-B Airway Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

(800)345-4574