Need info & advice 100hr lube

I know it has been discussed here on MS and I am equally sure it has been well defined but I have now reached 100hr since last annual and last lubrication.

I would appreciate any documentation and list (specific lubricants) for my 1983 / 93 Mooney M20K Rocket 301 Conversion that I need / should use.  It is several months before my next annual! 

Thanks in advance for any documentation, input or advice you are willing to share,

LLL

I believe there is an AD that requires a lubrication at i00 hours or annual, whichever comes first.  Given the expense/hassle of opening the plane for lubrication you may wish to consider biting the bullet and going ahead with an annual.  I am basing this on experience with a C so you might call a nearby guru MSC such as Maxwell or Dugosh for a professional opinion.  No doubt more informed opinion will chime in on this forum.

You have one of the most drop dead gorgeous ships out there by the way.  Might as well maintain it that way.

• Like 1

I know it has been discussed here on MS and I am equally sure it has been well defined but I have now reached 100hr since last annual and last lubrication.

I would appreciate any documentation and list (specific lubricants) for my 1983 / 93 Mooney M20K Rocket 301 Conversion that I need / should use.  It is several months before my next annual! 

Thanks in advance for any documentation, input or advice you are willing to share,

LLL

Hi Lacee. The original 100 hour A.D. is 73-21-01 for lubrication but I am not sure it pertains to your K. http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/AOCADSearch/022EF974FDE32DBA86256A3B006FA1EA?OpenDocument

BTW -- I never heard from the guy you had fly the parts up here to me. Do you have his name or N number so the Marauder can pillage his village? :)

Hi Lacee. The original 100 hour A.D. is 73-21-01 for lubrication but I am not sure it pertains to your K. http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/AOCADSearch/022EF974FDE32DBA86256A3B006FA1EA?OpenDocument

BTW -- I never heard from the guy you had fly the parts up here to me. Do you have his name or N number so the Marauder can pillage his village? :)

1st I sent you PT contact info on PM.

I read the AD no mention of the M20K. I'm still interested in good lubricant practice.

Lacee,

Here's a link on MS around lubrication that might help.

http://mooneyspace.com/topic/5293-lets-talk-lubrication/

This was the lubrication discussion I was thinking of. I'm still going to get a handle on this lube element even if not required by an AD.

The AD only applies to G and older models. The rod ends get a shot of Triflow. The flight control hinges get motor oil. The Dukes actuator gets special Dukes grease which is a mil spec grease that has 10% Moly powder added to it. It may be he same as Aeroshell 33MS but I can't confirm that. Landing gear grease zeros get aeroshell 7 but Mobil 28 is a better grease that meets that mil spec and so is aeroshell 33

There is actually a service letter on the Dukes actuator to get greased every 100hr and it wouldn't be a bad idea to do that, pop the belly panel and manhole cover off every 100hrs and do the actuator and all the rod ends and landing gear fittings. Or you can likely do the exposed rod ends on he landing gear and control surfaces call it good. No need to do an annual every 100hrs.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Many of the joints are under the belly and behind panels. Are you going strictly by tach time to determine that you are 20 hrs away?

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div8&view=text&node=14:1.0.1.1.1.0.1.1&idno=14

"Time in service, with respect to maintenance time records, means the time from the moment an aircraft leaves the surface of the earth until it touches it at the next point of landing."