Noise Certificate

ncdmtb

For comparison....

We, in the states, are trending towards 24/7/365.25.

Stores are trying to be open on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We have the lawn mowers and airplanes, that nobody likes.

We also have the Harley Davidson with no mufflers, we can't dislike them. They are special like apple pie!

Perception is important,

-a-

• 2 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2014 at 1:07 PM, Awful_Charlie said:

I'm not sure what happens in Germany these days for noise - here in Switzerland Sundays are still very much reserved as a day off (I have to get my boss to approve any work on a Sunday, and there are loads or regulations about for how long, and how many times per month/year I can work a Sunday)

France must vary a bit by region, as my friends over in Alsace also have a mower ban on Sundays - at my home base we are requested to avoid Sunday 12:00-14:30 as much as possible (so no circuit bashing)

Next they are going to ban snoring on the airlines and trains.

José

On April 7, 2014 at 0:19 PM, carusoam said:

For comparison....

We also have the Harley Davidson with no mufflers, we can't dislike them. They are special like apple pie!

Perception is important,

-a-

Try a Ducati with no muffler. My Harley/drag/muscle car owning neighbor once ask me if I had any plans to put mufflers on my 916. I used to go riding at 5am on Sunday mornings and being it was setup for racing with really high ratios and my driveway being really steep (garages on the back on the house), I had to rev her quite high to get out without stalling. Being the nice guy that I am, I just started leaving the bike on the sidewalk the night before and quietly rolling it downhill before starting (I live on the only hill in the entire state of Iowa). If he complained, you know it was loud. He gave me an evil eye yesterday running my chain saw around 8pm. 

I'm thinking about getting an electric mower and doing my own lawn work for exercise? Anyone has any recommendations. 

On April 7, 2014 at 0:19 PM, carusoam said:

For comparison....

Perception is important,

-a-

What's a store? I'm starting to see that USPS delivers my Amazon packages on Sundays now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone here with a F-reg Mooney? I was told that a noise certificate is not mandatory for aircraft built prior to 1980 according to the French law. But that doesn't help me in Germany. Does anyone have experience on how to get a noise certificate for a French registered aircraft or any other country?

Thanks

On 25/08/2016 at 0:46 PM, MV Aviation said:

Anyone here with a F-reg Mooney? I was told that a noise certificate is not mandatory for aircraft built prior to 1980 according to the French law. But that doesn't help me in Germany. Does anyone have experience on how to get a noise certificate for a French registered aircraft or any other country?

Thanks

Yes.

Go there and download the noise database for light aircraft at the bottom of the page.
Find the appropriate airframe / propeller / exhaust / MTOW combination for your aircraft.

Then fill this document and submit it.

The edition of the noise certificate cost something like 50€ if I remember well.

• 3 weeks later...

I dug into the database and found the attached result for my M20E. I do have the Hartzell 3-blade prop, thus the first line applies.

Now, this configuration seems to be among the noisiest although HC promises "Dramatically lower noise" (http://hartzellprop.com/products/top-prop/mooney/m20c-g-all/). How could that be and how reliable is that database? Are there any other databases? May it be advisable to invest in an actual measurement?

Best regards,

Marco

M20EnoiseDB.JPG